This was another delicious cooking adventure, I'm starting to realize I am a huge fan of mixing the following things: ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil and coconut aminos and you get GOLD flavors! A little peanut butter never hurts either . . . YUM!
This is great dish to consume post workout due to the heavy amount of carbs in the noodles or try prepping the dish separately (like i did) and you will have more control of the carbs in the dish so you can eat it with just the chicken and veggies if it's a rest day or throw the noodles on there if its been an active day for you.
This recipe is: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, soy free, sugar free
- 1/2 bag Trader Joes Organic brown rice & quinoa noodles
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3tbsp coconut aminos
- 3/4lb cubed skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tbsp + 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 lb snow peas
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
1. Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles, stirring to separate. Cook until tender ~5-8min. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. In a bowl mix ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, and cubed chicken. In a separate bowl mix peanut butter, chicken broth, rice vinegar, and 2 tsp sesame oil.
3. Heat a large nonstick frying pan over high heat and swirl in 2tbsp toasted sesame oil. Add green onions and chicken mix, stirring to break up meat, until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink. Add bell peppers and stir for 2minutes. Add chicken broth mix and stir for 3minutes.
4. Add snow peas and noodles to pan, with tongs toss until snow peas are bright green and noodles are combined. Add 1/4 cup peanuts and top with more green onions and serve.
Per Serving: 604cals, 48g Carbs, 31g Protein, 33g Fat