This week, Matt continues a discussion with Purple Patch's resident sports nutritionist, Kyla Channell. Matt and Kyla provide clear, expert advice on hydration in performance and daily life.
HOW TO LISTEN
Currently, you may listen, subscribe, share and review at:
Optimizing Nutrition and Hydration for Performance and Daily Life
This episode wraps up Matt's in-depth conversations on nutrition, fueling, and hydration. If you missed previous episodes on this important Pillar of Performance, we encourage you to listen to the following episodes:
In Episode 16, Matt welcomes back Purple Patch Fitness Resident Nutritionist, Kyla Channell, for a deep, granular, and specific look at hydration, both in performance and in our daily lives.
- The roles of hydration and electrolytes in training and racing
- Consequences and signs of dehydration
- Levels at which dehydration where performance declines
- Points of confusion around dehydration
- Why you want to keep your hydration and fueling separate
- What causes cramps? Do we really know?
- Rules of thumb for electrolyte intake
- Fueling ratios for races at different distances
- Actions to take during a race if you start to feel dehydrated
- The vital role of water in daily life
- How much water you should consume daily
- Drinks you should avoid in your daily life
Matt and Kyla give a lot of specific adviced but don't worry about taking notes! We've created a cheat sheet with many of the tips and numbers they share on both nutrition and hydration. Download that free cheat sheet here!