Valentines Day is here already! Love is in the air and if you want to show your love by making a DELICIOUS yet healthy dessert this is the way. This recipe was seriously approved by my husband, family members and friends . . . they're asking for more, BUT here is the recipe so now you and they can make it!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free and processed sugar free.
Makes 7 Crostatas
- 2 1/4 cups Bobs Red Mill 1to1 Baking flour
- 2 tbsp medium grind cornmeal
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink himalyan salt
- 1 cup + 2.5tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Organic Whipped Butter (keep cold)
- 2.5 cups mixed berries rinsed and strawberries cut into quarters
- 1 can Thai Kitchen Full Fat coconut milk (chilled in fridge for 1+hr)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix together in mixer flour, cornmeal, maple syrup, baking powder and salt. Add cold butter that has been cut into cubes and mix until the butter has broken down into pea size chunks and is evenly distributed.
2. Move ingredients to a work service - start creating dough balls a little larger than a gold ball, or the size of a satsuma roughly. Flatten each ball into a 6" disk. You will then gently lay the disk into your baking tray molds or cupcake tins. Make sure to butter the inside of your baking tray before. Press the dough into the mold leaving it open to fill with 1/4 cup berries. Then you will fold excess edges of dough slightly over berries.
3. Once you have done the above with all your molds you will bake at 375 F for 35 minutes. While baking you can create the whipped cream.
4. Take the chilled canned coconut milk and remove only the solid (white) coconut milk into your mixing bowl. Begin whipping on med-high while adding vanilla and maple syrup. Whip for roughly 5 minutes till you see light fluffy peaks forming.
5. Remove crostatas from the oven and let cool before topping with coconut whipped cream, serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 396 cals, 3.7g Protein, 26g Fat, 39g Carb